Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Well, it's British… 1939… Brand new. These were rare enough that I can say it's worth 100.
- Fact 1: The gas mask was first patented in 1848 by Lewis P. Haslett.
- Fact 2: Mass production of gas masks began during World War I.
- Fact 3: WWII era gas masks contained blue asbestos in their filters, a substance used until 1956.
- Fact 4: The first gas mask ever used was as simple as they come: a sponge.
- Fact 5: Because dogs were frequently used on the front lines during World War I, canine gas masks were developed alongside human ones.