It doesn’t look to me like there’s any grazing on it. It looks like the surface is intact. Now this would be a great find if you were restoring a B-50 or C-97.
- Fact 1: The B-29 Navigation Dome is also known as an Astrodome.
- Fact 2: The B-29 was used by the Air Force in WWII and the Korean War.
- Fact 3: B-29s typically had a crew of 11, including one navigator.
- Fact 4: The B-29, manufactured by Boeing during the 1940s, was called the "Superfortress."
- Fact 5: A B-29 Superfortress carried the atomic bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, ending World War II.