This appears to be a pre-1900s watch-finishing tool. Sadly this is more of a novelty today and not worth all that much.
- Fact 1: The first portable watches were made in the 16th century.
- Fact 2: All watches were handmade before the 20th century.
- Fact 3: The Patek Philippe "Supercomplication" watch sold for $11 million in 2009.
- Fact 4: "Horology" is the art or science of measuring time. People interested in horology are called "horologists."
- Fact 5: Because modern watches are almost entirely machine-made, modern watchmakers don't make watches, but rather almost exclusively repair watches.