This item can be restored. Please see Antique Tricycle/Restoration
Every kid in the 50s and 60s owned a tricycle. Now that those kids are getting older, a lot of them are paying for collectibles. This is a great piece, so I'd say you have a winner.
- Fact 1: The first tricycle was invented in 1860 by a disabled man in Germany, who used hand-cranks for power instead of foot pedals.
- Fact 2: As high-wheeled bicycles became popular in the Victorian era, tricycles were used by those who did not feel comfortable, such as women in long dresses.
- Fact 3: Tricycles have been used extensively for commerce since the 1700s, carrying rickshaws, carriages, cargo, and more.
- Fact 4: In the United States tricycles are most commonly associated with pre-schoolers and other young children, who often have a tricycle as their first vehicle before they move onto a bicycle.
- Fact 5: Radio Flyer is one of the most popular manufacturers of tricycles, in addition to their flagship wagons