"Hohners were some of the first harmonicas imported to America, old ones like this carry a Zeppelin on the front and are highly collectible. A great 90 year old find."
- Fact 1: The Harmonica was invented by Christian Buschmann in 1821, and a few years later were introduced to America. The first one made in the USA was in approx. 1840.
- Fact 2: A Hohner harmonica was the first musical instrument played in outer space, by Wally Schirra on the Gemini VI. He played "Jingle Bells" on Christmas Day.
- Fact 3: The harmonica is a free reed wind instrument, played by blowing or drawing air through reed chambers. As the reeds vibrate, sound is produced from the instrument.
- Fact 4: The harmonica is also known as a blues harp and a mouth organ.
- Fact 5: The World Harmonica Festival is held every four years in Trossingen, Germany, home of the Hohner Harmonica Company.