It looks like Andrew Jackson himself amended the text over here. Wow, that's pretty convincing. I'd estimate this document's value at 6000, if pressed.
- Fact 1: After the war, receipts such as this were sold as surplus for $1,500 each
- Fact 2: Jackson was the target of the very first presidential assassination attempt in 1835. The pistol misfired.
- Fact 3: In 1835, Jackson managed to reduce the federal debt to only $33,733.05, its lowest since the first fiscal year of 1791.
- Fact 4: Jackson's nickname, "Old Hickory" is derived from accounts of his legendary toughness.
- Fact 5: Andrew Jackson was an army general, who defeated the British at the Battle of New Orleans and Creek Native Americans at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend.