Back in the day there were few other ways to keep track of the games, this was a vital tool for the baseball fanatic.
- Fact 1: Joe DiMaggio had the highest batting average, .381, in 1939.
- Fact 2: Lefty Grove of the Boston Red Sox finished the season with a 2.54 ERA and .789 winning percentage; both the highest in the league.
- Fact 3: The NY Yankees finished the season with a record of 106-45, the best in the American League.
- Fact 4: The first Little League game took place in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, on June 6 1939.
- Fact 5: In 1939, three members of the DiMaggio family were playing Major League Baseball: Joe for the New York Yankees, Vince for the Cincinnati Reds, and Dom for the Boston Red Sox.