Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
1953 was a great year for baseball. The first no-hitter by a player in his initial game, in modern major-league baseball, Bobo Holloman. The Yankees winning their 5th straight championship. This thing sure holds a lot of memories.
- Fact 1: The American League was founded in 1901, evolving from the minor league Western League.
- Fact 2: The American League allows the designated hitter rule, while the National League does not.
- Fact 3: The NY Yankees defeated the Brooklyn Dodgers in game six of the World Series, marking their fifth straight world championship.
- Fact 4: On June 18 1953 the Boston Red Sox scored 17 runs in a single inning against the Detroit Tigers, a record that still stands today.
- Fact 5: The New York Giants (now the San Francisco Giants) toured Japan this year, finishing the tour in November. Players were promised $3000 but reportedly only received $300.