Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This item can be restored. Please see 1982 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle/Restoration
This bike's in pretty good shape. You could probably get $10,000 for it as-is, or a lot more if you put some work into it.
- Fact 1: Founded in 1903 in Milwaukee, Winsconsin, Harley-Davidson has consistently remained one of the most popular builders of motorcycles for over a century.
- Fact 2: Childhood friends William Harley and Arthur Davidson designed and built a motorized bicycle over two years beginning in 1901. Several prototypes later, their first motorcycle hit the market in 1905.
- Fact 3: Harley-Davidson exploded in popularity prior to WWI, and used their newly expanded plants to send more than 15,000 motorcycles to the front lines of the war.
- Fact 4: In 1969, a corporate buyout and widespread layoffs led to a period of low-quality products from Harley-Davidson. The company narrowly avoided bankruptcy, restructured, and bounced back by the early 1980s.
- Fact 5: Harley-Davidson enjoys one of the most loyal communities of any brand. Countless clubs, festivals, and a chain of restaurants all carry the Harley-Davidson name.