This item can be restored. Please see 1982 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle/Restoration
This bike's in pretty good shape. You could probably get $10,000 for it as-is, or a lot more if you put some work into it.
- Fact 1: Founded in 1903 in Milwaukee, Winsconsin, Harley-Davidson has consistently remained one of the most popular builders of motorcycles for over a century.
- Fact 2: Childhood friends William Harley and Arthur Davidson designed and built a motorized bicycle over two years beginning in 1901. Several prototypes later, their first motorcycle hit the market in 1905.
- Fact 3: Harley-Davidson exploded in popularity prior to WWI, and used their newly expanded plants to send more than 15,000 motorcycles to the front lines of the war.
- Fact 4: In 1969, a corporate buyout and widespread layoffs led to a period of low-quality products from Harley-Davidson. The company narrowly avoided bankruptcy, restructured, and bounced back by the early 1980s.
- Fact 5: Harley-Davidson enjoys one of the most loyal communities of any brand. Countless clubs, festivals, and a chain of restaurants all carry the Harley-Davidson name.