While I've seen some sticks signed by individual members, or even the whole team, the fact that this stick has the signature of the coaches makes it a cut above.
- Fact 1: The United States upset the heavily favored Soviet Union in the 1980 Olympics men's hockey event, beating them 4-3 in what would be called the "Miracle on Ice."
- Fact 2: Until the United States' victory in 1980, the Soviet Union had won the Olympic gold medal in hockey every year since 1964.
- Fact 3: Herb Brooks, coach of the 1980 men's hockey team, also lead Team USA to a victory over Russia in the 2002 Olympics, 22 years to the day after the "Miracle on Ice."
- Fact 4: The March 3, 1980 cover of Sports Illustrated features only a photo of the team celebrating on the ice shortly after the buzzer. It is the only Sports Illustrated cover without a headline or caption.
- Fact 5: Three of the Soviet players, four of the US players, the US head and assistant coaches, and the Soviet head coach are all members of the Hockey Hall of Fame.