This item can be restored. Please see 1969 Buick Skylark/Restoration
"This old Buick has seen better days, but with some effort you could probably fix it up. All the essentials are here and in salvagable shape."
- Fact 1: The Buick division of General Motors produced six runs of the Skylark from 1953 to 1998, each one dramatically different.
- Fact 2: The first run of the Skylark was in 1953, called the Buick Roadmaster Skylark, and was meant to mark Buick's 50th anniversary.
- Fact 3: During the 60s and 70s Skylarks were considered muscle cars, some with engines as large as 455 cubic inches.
- Fact 4: From 1977 to 1987, Skylarks and other GM cars were manufactured in Iran under a subdivision of GM called "Pars Khodro".
- Fact 5: In 1996 Buick offered an "Olympic Gold" version of the the Skylark, outfitted with gold trim and accessories, to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Olympic games.