Footballs from this era are very rare; the leather tends to deteriorate if the ball is handled, and many of them don't hold air. This is in amazing condition for being almost 80 years old.
- Fact 1: The Chicago Bears played an undefeated regular season in 1942, winning 10 straight games.
- Fact 2: The Head Coach for the 1942 Bears was George Halas, who entered the U.S. Army to fight in WWII in November. The team was co-coached by Hunk Anderson and Luke Johnson for the remainder of the season.
- Fact 3: In 1942, there was no "Super Bowl." It was simply referred to as the title game until 1967, when the NFL merged with the AFL and the name "Super Bowl" was first used.
- Fact 4: Despite having an undefeated regular season, the Chicago Bears lost the title game to the Washington Redskins 14-6 in 1942.
- Fact 5: From 1921-1970 the Chicago Bears played their games in Wrigley Field, more commonly known as the home of the Chicago Cubs.