Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The 1932 Ford was the original hot-rod mod car. It was simple, light, and plentiful, but it's rarer now. I'd say you'll get $50,000."
- Fact 1: This car is a heavily modified 1932 Ford Model 18 roadster, the first mass-market V-8 car in America.
- Fact 2: Nearly 13,000 Model 18 roadsters were produced. Each cost $495 in 1932, around $8200 in today's dollars.
- Fact 3: The 1932 Ford coupes became known as "deuce coupes", and were ideal platforms for hot-rod modification.
- Fact 4: Ford heavily modified the 1932 models for 1933, stretching the wheelbase and adding significant weight and making the 1932 model year a highly-sought car among enthusiasts.
- Fact 5: The Model 18 shared a platform with the lower-cost, 4-cylinder Model B; with some body styles, the cost difference between the models was as low as $10, making the Model B a commercial failure.