This is silver, not nickel and copper, which is right for the period. The mint mark looks correct and it's in great condition. A real gem for any coin collector.
- Fact 1: There were mints in three cities producing quarters for the United States in 1932: San Francisco, Philadelphia, and Denver.
- Fact 2: San Francisco issued the lowest amount of quarters in 1932, just over 400,000, making the 1932-S quarter the rarest of that year.
- Fact 3: The bust of George Washington that appeared on quarters from 1932 to 1999 was the winner of a contest sponsored by the U.S. Government.
- Fact 4: 1932 marked the 200th anniversary of the birth of George Washington.
- Fact 5: The U.S. Mint in San Francisco still exists to this day, but does not mint any circulating currency. It is primarily used for minting proofs and collector's coins.