This is in remarkable condition for being almost a hundred years old. The action on the keys is magnificent.
- Fact 1: Remington introduced the first portable typewriter, the Model #1, in 1920 with the slogan, "To Save Time is to Lengthen Life."
- Fact 2: The Model #2 came in a variety of color combinations, including "Tan and Pompeiian Red" and "Mountain Ash Scarlet."
- Fact 3: George Orwell, Agatha Christie, and Roy Rogers all used Remington typewriters.
- Fact 4: The Model #1 was just wide enough to accept a standard 8.5" piece of paper; the Model #2 was slightly widened to accept a 9.5" envelope.
- Fact 5: Remington typewriters introduced the QWERTY layout, which almost all typists continue to use to this day.