Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is in remarkable condition for being almost a hundred years old. The action on the keys is magnificent.
- Fact 1: Remington introduced the first portable typewriter, the Model #1, in 1920 with the slogan, "To Save Time is to Lengthen Life."
- Fact 2: The Model #2 came in a variety of color combinations, including "Tan and Pompeiian Red" and "Mountain Ash Scarlet."
- Fact 3: George Orwell, Agatha Christie, and Roy Rogers all used Remington typewriters.
- Fact 4: The Model #1 was just wide enough to accept a standard 8.5" piece of paper; the Model #2 was slightly widened to accept a 9.5" envelope.
- Fact 5: Remington typewriters introduced the QWERTY layout, which almost all typists continue to use to this day.