Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sharps are some of the most collectible Civil War-era guns. Because they tended to be used by cavalry, since they were easier to reload on horseback than most rifles, they tend to have survived better. This one looks to be authentic and in good condition.
- Fact 1: The Sharps carbine was an accurate, reliable, and popular weapon on both sides of the American Civil War.
- Fact 2: The Sharps carbine's innovative loading and firing mechanisms gave it a firing rate of up to 10 rounds per minute.
- Fact 3: Though approximately 115,000 of this gun were produced during the Civil War, only 10,000 were military-issued. The rest were state and private purchases.
- Fact 4: The Sharps Rifle Manufacturing Company was founded in 1851 and produced 20 rifle models before dissolving in 1881.
- Fact 5: Some models of the Sharps issued during the American Civil War featured a detachable coffee mill inside the stock.