Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Not everything in this case actually belonged to a C. Haskell in 1861, but it is all 18th-century material. It's still worth a fair bit.
- Fact 1: In the mid to late 19th century, many gamblers made their living traveling across the American west and setting up temporary casinos in inns and saloons.
- Fact 2: Gambling kits often included weapons to protect their owners from angry (and often inebriated) customers.
- Fact 3: Poker evolved in the bars of New Orleans in the early 19th century from traditional sailors' games, and traveled north and west with early settlers.
- Fact 4: Early dice and gambling chips were made from carved ivory or bone, and are descended from the knuclebones used by ancient gamblers and fotune-tellers.
- Fact 5: The first known playing cards date back to 9th-century China. Traders brought card games to Europe in the 14th century.