Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The cartouches for the Harper's Ferry armory are all correct. The wood is in good condition, and it looks like this is all the original hardware. A very nice gun.
- Fact 1: The U.S. Arsenal in Harper's Ferry, West Virginia, was the first U.S. manufacturer to produce rifles.
- Fact 2: Before the Civil War, the arsenal at Harper's Ferry produced weapons for the entire country. Once the war started, it became an essential manufactory for the Confederacy.
- Fact 3: Secretary of War Henry Dearborn published a paper in 1803 advocating short-barreled rifles, and eventually this paper led to the production of the Harper's Ferry 1803 and other rifles in West Virginia.
- Fact 4: Because the Arsenal at Harper's Ferry was so close to the border between the Union and the Confederacy, the Arsenal changed hands seven times during the Civil War.
- Fact 5: Members of the Lewis and Clark expedition used Harper's Ferry rifles.